LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation, a Skilled Nursing Facility and part of the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is accepting resume submissions for a Full Time Maintenance and Housekeeping Supervisor position.
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is located at 4114 Schaper Ave, Erie PA.
The Maintenance and Housekeeping Supervisor performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance work while supervising housekeeping staff and participating in the care and cleaning of buildings, grounds and furnishing under the general support of the Director of Facilities to resolve Institutional operational and/or safety concerns, maintaining the Institution for residents, employees, and the overall general public in safe and operating condition while providing guidance to construction workers and maintaining preventive maintenance programs.
*This position may require travel between multiple buildings/locations within Erie County while working. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.*
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Experience with Skilled Nursing and/or Long Term Care Facilities, as well as Dept of Health requirements within those facilities is strongly recommended.
- Job related experience within specialized field with two to five (2-5) years’ of experience required.
- Two years of verifiable paid experience in the skilled trades and/or construction or maintenance field or, electrical, plumbing, locksmith or HVAC trade; or in leading other maintenance workers, with concentration in a skilled craft.
- Valid Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability
- Collaborates with site personnel, other trades, subcontractors (e.g., scheduling work orders and work activities, identifying project specifications, estimating costs, establishing required delivery dates of equipment and supplies) for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and coordinating work assignment activities;
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently;
- Guides other maintenance workers in performing skilled crafts for the purpose of providing support to workers developing their knowledge of specific skills with trade; Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety (e.g. OSHA) and cleanliness, and identifying necessary repairs;
- Installs a variety of items and/or system components frequently of a complex nature (e.g., cabinetry, doors and hardware, windows, playground equipment, classroom and office equipment and facility components, TV cables, audiovisual equipment, intercommunicating telephones) for the purpose of maintaining the Institution in a safe, comfortable and operating condition;
- Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition;
- Performs a variety of facility and equipment repair and maintenance activities at multiple sites within areas of trade expertise (e.g., electrical, heating/air conditioning, carpentry, plumbing, heating, locksmithing, roof and rain gutters, concrete, drywall, stucco, painting) for the purpose of ensuring that Institutional facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and effective working order;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of documentation (e.g., work orders, repair records, purchase orders, requisitions) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information;
- Procures equipment and supplies in collaboration with onsite and outside vendors for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items;
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving safety concerns and taking appropriate actions to maintain the overall educational environment;
- Tests and/or troubleshoots a variety of items dependent on specific trade expertise (e.g., thermocouples, motors, boiler controls, motor valves, fire alarms, plumbing valves, fixtures, water lines, alarms, locks, new and renovated construction) for the purpose of assessing item functioning and recommending repair or replacement;
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness;
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action;
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments;
- Coordinates work activities among departments;
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment;
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies;
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements;
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation;
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll (Kronos), and department expenses;
- Selects and purchases new furnishings;
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage;
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management;
- Attends staff meetings to discuss Institutional policies and patrons’ complaints;
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers;
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff;
- Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy;
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports;
- Screens job applicants, hires new employees, and recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $55/month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $270/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays each calendar year
- Employee recognition events
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org