Senior Living Center
This position requires a qualified board certified Registered Nurse who will coordinate the restorative nursing program in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to focus on maximizing resident function and well-being in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations taking into account the preferences of the resident and his/her family/caregivers. while operating in a resident centered environment.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Will directly supervise the Restorative Nursing Aides and other CNAs or LPNs as assigned by the DON.
- Identify resident’s care requirements that could benefit from being involved in the Restorative Nursing program.
- Conduct a nursing assessment of the individual’s function, cognitive and behavioral deficits.
- Refer appropriate residents to Therapy for screening.
- Make appropriate goals for residents who are currently in the program to decide if goals need to be modified or discontinued.
- Work cooperatively with therapy to train restorative aides to help residents.
- Coordinate restorative nursing services with therapy services to facilitate a smooth transition for the resident receiving skilled therapy services to getting an established in a restorative program.
- Educate family and caregivers regarding the need for individualized restorative services for the resident whenever appropriate.
- Obtain necessary orders from the physician for the resident to be on a restorative program.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation for the residents who are in the restorative program is detailed, complete and in accordance with CMS and all other State and Federal requirements while operating within the scope as a Nurse.
- Participate in care plan conferences.
- Prepare detailed reports on the Restorative Nursing program.
- Maintain all records of Restorative Nursing Program in an easily accessible location.
- Investigate the causes of resident falls by reviewing appropriate documentation and work with the interdisciplinary team to determine the modifiable factors that can be addressed.
- Cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to decease the functional and cognitive deficits that are linked to intake of multiple medications.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
Ask about our Retention Bonus: **$5,000 to $12,000 bonus for Full Time Direct Patient Care Registered Nurse Supervisors with opportunity to earn up to $80K in total bonuses!**
In addition to the new bonus, the RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to $22,000. Inquire for plan details.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $55/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $270/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Generous paid time off accruals – vacation and sick time
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program and discounted membership at the LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an equal opportunity employer.
*The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.00 – $37.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org