LECOM at Village Square
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is currently accepting applications and resume submissions for a Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant. Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries and muscle, nerve, joint and bone disease, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing a numbered of required duties for the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review physician orders, patient‘s condition, and medical records;
- Review data from the Physical Therapy evaluation and plan of care including short and long term goals prior to administering treatment;
- Review effective treatment strategies for areas of strength, endurance, and functional mobility with the Physical Therapist;
- Monitor and communicate patient response to physical therapy treatment;
- Assist the Physical Therapist with patient at discharge including patient and family instruction in safety, mobility and function;
- Attend meetings in regards to patient care such as care plan meetings , welcome meetings and daily huddles on an as needed basis;
- Modify physical therapy treatment and plan of care according to patient’s ability and response as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist;
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home;
- Record treatment, response, and progress in the electronic medical record. Documentation of patients care and services will adhere to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines;
- Record daily treatment charges per corporate procedures’
- Adhere to all HIPPA procedures and guidelines in accordance with LECOM Health’s standard of excellence;
- Educate the patient and/or caregivers to enhance functional independence;
- Comply with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements;
- Maintain compliance with appropriate therapy minutes, therapy intensity, and productivity standards on daily basis;
- Work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM Health; and
- Accept other duties as needed/assigned for the Institution’s needs.
Education and experience equivalent to:
Required: Physical Therapy Assistant degree from an accredited institution required. Knowledge of OSHA regulations, CDC guidelines, hazardous waste management and disposal and radiation safety. CPR and Pennsylvania license as a Physical Therapy Assistant required.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $55/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $270/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Paid time off accruals – vacation and sick
- 7 paid holidays each calendar year
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program and discounted membership at the LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com