Senior Living Center
The patient transport technician assists the recreation and therapy departments with patient care according to long term care, state professional and federal regulations and guidelines.
This position is Full Time and will be scheduled on day/1st shift. The schedule will included weekday and weekend hours.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO (Equal Opportunity Employment) rules and regulations.
- Tasks will typically be delegated by the Director of Recreation
- Will maintain open communication with coworkers and supervisors
- Will check the calendar of activities each morning to determine activity assistance and transportation needs for each day
- Will maintain active alertness for LINES and Zello messages for transportation needs
- Will assist with activities and mealtime tasks to ensure the patient is getting his/ her needs met.
- Will assist transporting patients when needed and available within and outside of the hospital to appointments.
- Will assist transporting residents for activities.
- Will build strong relationships with coworkers and recognize individual talents and perspectives.
- Will participate in learning opportunities, and ways to improve effectiveness in all aspects of his/ her job performance.
- Assists with inventory of supplies for recreation
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Must have an active Certified Nurse Aide license, registered with the state of PA
High school diploma or GED equivalent
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $55/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $270/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Generous paid time off accruals – vacation and sick time
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program and discounted membership at the LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com