LECOM Visiting Nurse Association
The Home Health / Hospice Scheduler, with the direction of the Program Administrator, will assist with the planning and organizing of day to day activities as related to the LECOM Visiting Nurse Association. The Scheduler will also be responsible for the coordination of consumer visits, maintenance and upkeep of scheduling records and logs as well as staffing coordination duties, including the accurate and timely communication of scheduling changes between office and staff.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum expectations of performing at least 40 hours a week.
- Creates six week schedule for HH nursing staff, utilizing personnel to the fullest capacity;
- Maintains a current consumer roster with necessary information;
- Updates Home Care software logs and schedules;
- Assists with coordinating services provided to consumers for HH and HS.
- With the collaboration and direction of the Program Administrator, controls and monitors schedule changes;
- Checks compliance of visits completed, notes are checked daily, bringing any scheduling problems to the supervisor’s and/or administrator’s attention;
- Assists with taking referrals and handing them off to the Intake staff or administrator;
- Assists in relaying messages to field staff, supervisor and administrator;
- Provides willingness with continued education, support to the community and LECOM Homehealth and Hopsice consumers regarding the Pennsylvania Medicaid process, Pennsylvania Waiver process, Pennsylvania Independent Enrollment Broker process, Community Health Choices process and Pennsylvania Home Care regulations;
- Audits consumer and staff files, to match Department of Health regulations and requirements, as directed by the administrator;
- Assists with orientation of new staff to familiarize them with LECOM VNA employee responsibilities as well as policies and procedures;
- Must be able to take direction and receive assignments from the Program Administrator and other management personnel from time to time; and
- Accepts other duties needed/assigned for the Institution’s needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Must work cooperatively with all members of the team, following EEO rules and regulations, to accomplish a resident centered culture.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must show respect for residents, families, and fellow employees in all actions.
- Must have a high degree of integrity.
- Must respect the resources of the organization.
- Must follow all infection control procedures and guidelines.
- Must present professionally in proper uniform according to Employee Handbook.
- Must demonstrate attention toward quality service according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must respect all resident rights according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must follow all Organizational policies and procedures.
- Must participate in continuing education as required.
- Must process adequate equipment skills to complete daily work tasks including but not limited to the copier, fax, computer, and other electronic devices.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM.
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in respectful and cooperative manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, health care providers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED;
- 1-2 years related experience and training in the Pennsylvania Home Care field preferred.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $55/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $270/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid time off accruals – vacation and sick
- 7 Paid holidays each calendar year
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org