About the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
With Erie County’s senior population now approaching one out of four residents, LECOM Health is committed to wellness for this growing age group. LECOM Health offers a full continuum of care from Independent Living and Personal Care apartments to Skilled Nursing Care and Outpatient services including In-Home Care, Home Health, and Hospice under the direction of the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging.
An Activity Aide/Assistant will aid in organizing, directing and carrying out program activities which cover spiritual development, recreation, diversion, intellectual, and educational development for residents as an integral part of resident centered care.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Organizes and directs or carries out a program of activities which will provide entertainment, intercommunication, relaxation, opportunity to express creative talent and fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs for all the residents, subject to individual restrictions, limitations, and interests.
- Encourages hobbies and craft activities. Provides craft materials and supplies, instructs and supervises residents during craft activities, and complies with safety regulations and policies.
- Encourages social communication among residents through group activities and recreation.
- Helps in planning parties, provides games and encourages residents to assist in the planning.
- Encourages residents to participate in religious activities to fulfill their spiritual needs.
- Encourages intellectual/educational development through literature, lectures and cultural events.
- Provides reading material and CDs, tapes and digital books for the blind.
- Assist in recording of residents’ activities. Assists in admissions, evaluations and MDS process. Writes progress notes as needed.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary, and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties as needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is preferred
- Previous customer service or personal care experience is preferred
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment physical and criminal background check
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $50/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $250/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Paid time off accruals – vacation and sick
- 7 paid holidays each calendar year
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program and discounted membership at the LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org